How much do your classes cost?
Your first intro month unlimited is TT$150 after that you can decide what options are best for you according to how often you want to practice. See pricing & memberships options on our pricing page.
What times are classes?
On weekdays our we have about 5 classes a day ranging from 6am to 8pm. Visit our schedule page for our full class schedule.
What class is for beginners?
95% of classes on our schedule are all level classes and open to beginners. Classes are taught in such a way to accommodate everyone. Any classes not suitable for beginners will be indicated on the class schedule.
Do you have yoga mats?
Yes we have yoga mats for sale from TT$400 and for rent for TT$5.00
Does yoga help you lose weight?
Absolutely yoga will help you lose weight, get strong & defined, as well as prevent injury. How the benefits of a regular practice will go much further than you might anticipate.
What are the benefits of yoga?
Just to name a few but the benefits of a regular practice can go way beyond the list below and can affect emotional, mental, physical, and spiritual wellness in profound ways.
- Increased flexibility.
- Increased muscle strength and tone.
- Improved respiration, energy and vitality.
- Maintaining a balanced metabolism and bodily functions.
- Weight reduction.
- Cardio and circulatory health.
- Improved athletic performance.
- Protection from injury.
- Reflection, self-inquiry, & emotional balance
- Personal & Spiritual growth (personalized to your spiritual beliefs)
I am not fit, flexible, or strong … can I still do yoga?
The thing is… do you wait until your better to take medicine? Yoga is medicine for so many things in our lives; do not wait until you think you are ready to practice yoga or anything else as a matter of fact. The people you see practising yoga who are strong, fit and flexible probably did not begin they practice that way. The practice of Yoga will get you ready. Try not to make up too many excuses, just come and get onto your mat, after your intro month and a few classes then you can decide.
Is your practice room heated?
Yes, our practice room is heated for most classes. Even though the room is heated there is always air circulation and ventilation in the room. While the heated room does make you sweat, increases your heart rate, prepares your muscles to move: it more importantly mainly encourages detoxification of the body.
All classes at One Yoga Trinidad are catered to first-timers, beginners and everyone in between. Never been to yoga before? That’s perfect! All of our classes are for all levels with the exception of our Arm Balances and Inversions class on a Thursday at 4:00 pm. If you have any injuries or physical limitations, please include it in your registration so we can advise our teachers to make the practice safe for you.
I’ve never practised before what do I need to bring? What do I need to know?
– We recommend you bring water or a have a refillable bottle as filtered water is available (but not bottled).
– Wear comfortable clothes and bring a towel as it gets a little sweaty.
– It best to practice on an emptyish stomach, so we suggest not eating about two hours before class.
– Practice is done barefoot so whatever footwear your wearing will come off anyway.
– If you are new to the practice, please set up to the back of the class so as to get the best experience possible.
– Come with an open mind and if you really want to give the practice a shot please try our intro month unlimited so you can get a few classes in before deciding if it’s for you or not ☺
Do I need to sign up ahead of time?
It is not necessary unless you know that class is particularly well attended, then it may be in your interest to register online to secure your spot. Either way, we recommend trying to arrive 15 mins before class.
General Studio Etiquette
We see our space as a home for our community and it is sacred to us. Please honour the following guidelines so we can upkeep the space as best as possible.
- Take your shoes off before entering the practice room
- Put your cell phones on silent and avoid taking them into the class. If you have an emergency situation please talk to the teacher in advance.
- If you need to leave the class early, please let the teacher know before class starts so he/she can advise how to close off your practice safely. This is not recommended.
- Please refrain from chatting in the practice room, as persons come here for meditation and silence prior to class. We have a beautiful common area where you are welcomed to at any time of the day.
- Please exit the room quietly after Savasana so as not to disturb the others enjoying their final relaxation.
Important Safty Tips
- Listen to your body, rest when you need too
- Drink water when you need.
- Please stay in Savasana for as long as possible at it is the most important posture of your practice.
- If your body says “No’ and it does not feel right, don’t do it, talk to your teacher.
- Do not compete, you have nothing to prove.